About the role:
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Calian team at CFB Gagetown in NB to help modernize on-line courses used by the military! You would be joining the existing Courseware Development Team made up of Project Managers, Subject Matter Experts, eLearning Product Programmers (ELPP), LMS Administrators etc on this very well established contract.
• Reviewing, analyzing and making recommendations with respect to programming issues on project documentation including: Coding standard(s) chosen, client needs assessment and infrastructure topology
• Developing advanced project components, including:
o A User Interface in accordance with the Style Guide
o Pseudo-code and meta data templates
o All course elements and related assets
o SCO and Asset Meta data documents
o SCORM® conformance and usability testing
o Quality assurance testing
o A Maintenance Guide that provides information relevant to modifying and
o Maintaining the end products
• Coding/programming eLearning product elements in accordance with the Instructional Design Document(s), including: multimedia elements, Interactive elements, Instruction content elements, Shareable Content Objects, (SCOs) assessment instruments, and evaluation instruments
• Conduct peer reviews and assessments.
• Designing and developing data structure, including: designing database structures and relationships, and also documenting database implementation including connection details
• Implementing quality assurance and lest plans.
• Assist with project kickoff meetings to ensure all Developers and Instructional Designers are aware of proper folder structure for working files and backup, file naming conventions and proper use of QC and QA test logs.
• While supporting the key tasks identified above, the Intermediate ELPP will also be requested to perform the following sub-tasks on an as and when requested basis:
• Conduct the role of lead developer when required
• Providing technical guidance including:
• Recommending best practices
• Making recommendations regarding eLearning product development
• Identifying and recommending solutions to identified coding issues
• Reviewing test documentation
• Web design and maintenance when required
• Develop web applications
• Maintain web applications
• Know the limitations and capabilities of the Internet and Intranet
• Create graphics
• Documenting solutions or work-arounds to identified issues.
• Recognize when mentoring or training is required for members of the development team and provide input to Senior Developer about suitable solutions for improvement,
• Identify potential issues or areas of inefficiency in the project and assist Senior Developer with the creation of solutions, which may include development of templates and other reusable objects.
• Assist Project Managers in the creation of accurate project schedules by providing estimates for project scope, project assumptions, timelines and potential risks.
• Assist and organize and lead project team meetings, when required, throughout the duration of each project.
• Lead and coordinate the technical design and development of projects while understanding the overall project scope.
• Assist Instructional Designers to maintain a courseware deviation list throughout the development of each project, which will be delivered to QA during the 100% QA review phase.
• Meet with Instructional Designers prior to development stage to ensure developer notes in storyboard are clear and understood.
o Meet with developers once storyboard is complete to ensure developers understand what is expected in order to complete all project files according to what is requested in the storyboard.
• Collaborate with Instructional Designers to implement innovative solutions to new challenges.
• Act as liaison to 3D team when 3D assets are being incorporated on a project-by-project basis.
• Ensure file version control is maintained at all levels of project development.
• Conduct QC reviews of all courseware to verify accuracy, completeness, and adherence to project standards to ensure the quality of all deliverables.
• Perform backup, according to standard operating procedures, of all development-related files for current project for current school(s).
• Provide input into project After Action Review when required.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience using rapid eLearning tools such as Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Contribute, or Adobe Flash
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years in programming web based applications using Action Script, Java, C-based language, or other scripting languages, as well as, database or file structured back-ends
• Must be proficient in English.
• Must have a University degree or College diploma (in any field)
• Must hold or be eligible to hold a SECRET security clearance
Type of assignment:
Full-time contract from start date until end of March 2016
Calian is the program delivery partner of choice for our clients. Our Business and Technology Services (BTS) Division focuses on four core service lines; Training, IT Professional Services, Health, and Operations and Maintenance. We offer candidates a range of full and part-time career opportunities within these areas of specialization. As we continue to evolve and to grow our business in the pursuit of delivery excellence, we believe Calian is "where you want to be!"
To send your resume directly to the Calian Recruiter responsible for this position, please visit (https://bts.calian.com/en/career_jobs/jobdescriptionmutiple.asp?curr=3&WebJobPostingsID=7248&o=).