Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
69 Bloor Street East Toronto ON M4W 1B3
T. 416.962.1841 F. 416.962.8900 Toll Free 1.800.387.0735
Content Editor and Learning QA Specialist
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
We protect the public. We advance our profession. We guide our CPAs. We ensure that our 90,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and leadership. cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of Content Editor and Learning QA Specialist who is passionate about the written word and brings it to life in a broad variety of adult learning and professional development formats.
- Copyedit course maps, storyboards and other eLearning design documents, as well as workshop and marketing materials for correctness, clarity and quality.
- Fact-check information and propose revision suggestions when necessary.
- Mentor and train internal staff on processes and editorial needs while ensuring consistent raising of standards by providing feedback, a critical eye and guidance. Develop an in-house style guide for instructional design staff.
- Shape and polish his/her own work, but also that of instructional designers and other team members.
- BA degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Instructional Design, or equivalent programs; Master’s degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in both copy and substantive editing within print and online publication settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with MS Office and learning management systems.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide array of constituents, including senior business leaders and subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and current approaches to both instructor-led and online learning an asset.
- Knowledge of accessibility concepts and principles an asset.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry an asset.
- Experience in quality assurance and/or content editing of educational materials an asset.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment, dealing with ambiguity and last-minute change in plans, managing multiple projects concurrently, on time required.
- A strong team player with a positive attitude, sense of urgency, and willingness to do whatever is needed to achieve project goals under minimal supervision required.
- Strong organizational skills, with immaculate attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours when required.
To apply, please visit https://www.cpaontario.ca/join-our-team
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Accommodation Required”
in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.