Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
69 Bloor Street East Toronto ON M4W 1B3
T. 416.962.1841 F. 416.962.8900 Toll Free 1.800.387.0735
Learning Technologist (eLearning Development)
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
We protect the public. We advance our profession. We guide our CPAs. We ensure that our 90,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and leadership. cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Learning Technologist (eLearning Development) who will be the “champion” for new technologies, provide thought leadership, as well as recommend and promote the learning technologies that will most effectively deploy CPA Ontario learning products to its members. The Learning Technologist will also be responsible for using learning technologies to develop/produce learning.
- Develop interactive online courses using course authoring tools such as Articulate’s Storyline 360.
- Develop interactive games, Videoscribe animations and add audio and video elements to courses as needed.
- Provide expertise and consultative support to peers in the development of eLearning, micro learning and mobile learning.
- Analyze problems and make sound decisions about a course of action within the scope of the position.
- Recommend, develop, deploy and promote learning technologies and tools.
- Ensure timely course production, pilot/user testing, QA.
- Promote new learning technologies.
- Develop and document processes and approaches for learning development tasks.
- Counsel the learning team on approaches, methods and processes for developing technology-supported learning.
- Revise and update programmed learning content.
- Help maintain all learning technology software.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices.
- Support learning program acquisition and curation efforts as needed.
- Qualification Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma, degree or certificate, preferably in Education Technology, Graphic Design and/or IT, or a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience utilizing technologies developing and deploying learning in a fast-paced demanding environment managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong portfolio of interactive eLearning courses and learning objects.
- Previous experience in a learning function or team, partnering with designers.
- Experience with Learning and Content Management Systems, PC, Mac, and mobile platforms.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, file manipulation and remote access.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other tools within the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced proficiency using tools such as Articulate, Captivate, and Lectora to develop learning based on design inputs.
- Awareness of learning design principles, including user interface and user experience design.
- Proven project management skills, including prototyping, rapid development, scoping and implementation (especially via an LMS).
- Demonstrated ability to shift with agility from thought leadership to hands on development.
To apply, please visit https://www.cpaontario.ca/join-our-team
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required”
in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.