ECG Education Canada Group - Robertson College is looking for an Instructional Designer to design course content for a Brightspace learning environment for various programs, courses and training initiatives. This role involves working with an education team to lead the design and implementation of e-learning experiences at The College.
This is a full-time contract position with flexible working hours and location. The initial term is six months with the possibility of extension. Compensation will be based on education and experience.
- Apply evidence-based instructional design theories, practice and methods in course creation.
- Design course content that engages students in meaningful, interactive, and transferrable learning.
- Create support material and media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.).
- Develop evaluation criteria and assessment instruments that align with instructional goals and outcomes.
- Stay abreast of current developments and issues in adult education and instructional technology; incorporate new methods, techniques and information into e-learning design.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis of learners and contexts.
- Complete day-to-day LMS administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to, uploading of course content and providing LMS-related technical support to instructors upon course commencement.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Maintain and improve upon existing online course content.
- Degree or diploma in instructional design, educational technology; experience in developing curriculum, or training programs will also be considered.
- A minimum of three years of professional instructional design experience
- Proven knowledge and experience with course development software and Learning Management Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed; objective-oriented with a high-level attention to detail.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing, especially in writing effective copy, instructional text, and audio scripts/video scripts.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
TERENA CARYK, M.ED.
Director, Academic Development
265 Notre Dame Ave Winnipeg, MB R3B 1N9