DIRECTOR, CAMPUS OPERATIONS - ROBERTSON ONLINE
Robertson is the School of New Work. Our vision is for everyone to have a good life through a prosperous and fulfilling career. Robertson’s mission is to empower our students with the most relevant training and up-to-date industry insights to thrive in a modern work environment.
At Robertson Online, motivated students can advance their education at their own schedule. Students who study online have access to the same services as on-campus students receive, including full communication with student service advisors and employment specialists. The Robertson team assists both during and after graduation to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed in a new career. At Robertson, we are guides for our students on their career path as they navigate their college and educational experiences during their time at Robertson.
We are seeking a Director, Campus Operations, to guide and oversee the processes and team dedicated to Robertson supporting Robertson Online students as they engage in their journey at the College.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Director will be accountable for quality, professional education for student and graduate success. The Director will be responsible for the overall administrative and educational functions of the campus and will serve as a member of the management team, both recognizing and supporting the mission and purpose of the company. The Director will take on a wide variety of duties, including the direction of college operations, management of personnel, monthly and annual forecasting, and the evaluation and resolution of all student and employee inquiries, issues, and problems. The Director will ensure that institution operations promote fiscal stability and profitability, and that all activities are performed in an ethical and professional manner. Occasional travel may be required by the Director to other campuses to participate in a variety of conferences and meetings. The Director will use their energy and integrity to lead a college specializing in preparing students for future careers, and will make a difference in the lives of our students.
Online Campus Administration - Day to Day Operations
- Participates in the development of and execution on the vision and strategic direction for the institution in concert with senior management, ensuring academic excellence, and unit profitability.
- Manages/achieves the key metrics of the institution. Key metrics include: student retention, student support, approved budgets, new programs, program rollout, graduate employment rates, graduate starting salaries, employer network, and student, graduate and employer satisfaction.
- Provides leadership and input into delivery models as well as continued improvement of current offerings. Assures compliance with federal, provincial and accrediting body standards and regulations, as well as adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Ensures strong human resources management through hiring, developing, leading and evaluating an effective management team, staff, and faculty. Manages campus succession plan and professional development program. Responsible for overall staff and faculty engagement.
- Maintains a desirable, attractive and safe campus environment. Ensures facilities are well maintained. Assesses campus resources needs and ensures that proper planning, acquisition and implementation occurs. Provides input on utilization of resources.
- Develops and maintains effective internal and external relationships and alliances, including positive relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, the educational community, the local community of the campus, and business leaders.
- Plays a major role in preparing the campus for self-studies, focus visits, and comprehensive visits. Leads the campus in developing and nurturing relationships with regard to programmatic accreditation.
- Leads institutional planning and research and outcomes assessment activities for the campus. Ensures discussion of research and outcomes at the campus, culminating in appropriate plans and action. Takes an active leadership role in all departmental reviews.
- Regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- Oversees day to day education operation including graduation planning
- Leads and participates in relevant internal and external committees related to learning and teaching.
Education and Instructor Support
- Provides clear and consistent training to education team members.
- Has a working knowledge of best practices in online education and adult education and works with the Education team to ensure these are part of program delivery
- Promotes professional activities in online teaching and learning.
- Works with the LMS manager to ensure the consistent use of the system, in alignment with best practices for online learning
- Develops and coordinates, in collaboration with other departments, Robertson Student Support plan to contribute to increased student satisfaction and retention rates.
Practicum and Career Services
- o Oversees the planning and development of enhanced network of practicum and employer partners.
- o Is aware of, and gathers information about best practices in career services for online learning and works with the Career and Practicum services lead to implement these best practices, where possible.
- Post-secondary education and direct work experience in the area(s) of online learning/training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in a post-secondary environment.
- Working knowledge of best practices in online education and adult education
- Experience with learning management systems -LMS.
- Experience in administrative work including usage of various technology tools.
- Aware of best practices in career services / practicum and employment strategies for online learning
- In-depth knowledge of post-secondary systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs and issues of immigrants, newcomers and international students.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
The position is located in Winnipeg.
This posting is subject to the guidelines of the Job Posting Policy.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Joanne Struch, Acting VP, Online Education - email@example.com with a copy to HR@robertsoncollege.ca
The posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.