LEAD, TEACHING AND LEARNING - ROBERTSON ONLINE
Robertson is the School of New Work. Our vision is for everyone to have a good life through a prosperous and fulfilling career. Robertson’s mission is to empower our students with the most relevant training and up-to-date industry insights to thrive in a modern work environment.
At Robertson Online, motivated students can advance their education at their own schedule. Students who study online have access to the same services as on-campus students receive, including full communication with student service advisors and employment specialists. The Robertson team assists both during and after graduation to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed in a new career. At Robertson, we are guides for our students on their career path as they navigate their college and educational experiences during their time at Robertson.
We are seeking a Lead, Teaching and Learning to guide and oversee the processes and team dedicated to Robertson supporting Robertson Online students as they engage in their journey at the College.
Supporting the Director, Campus Operations, the Lead, Teaching and Learning, is a member of the Online Teaching and Learning team, and responsible for the day-to-day leadership and guidance of the Education team to support student engagement in their programs, instructional excellence, all to ensure student success.
Teaching and Learning Team
With the Campus Director, sets metrics and standards for the team; monitors the metrics and outcomes
● Ensures compliance with PVI regulations for programs/education and instructor qualifications
● Develops policies and procedures as required
● Participates in training of staff, hiring, and performance assessment as is assigned by the Director
Maintain the delivery of high-quality online program delivery through:
● researching and implementing best practices for online instruction and adult and vocational education
● developing and providing resources for instructors and students
● working with the student support team to identify areas of continued instructional improvement
● maintaining and updating programs and courses in the LMS, as needed
● working with the Academic Development team to ensure the successful implementation of new programs and revision of existing programs.
Maintain the delivery of high-quality online instruction through:
● Recruiting, selecting, onboarding and orienting, supervising, developing, and evaluating online faculty
● Developing measurements to ensure an efficient and effective evaluation of instructors
● Ensuring all faculty meet College standards with respect to curriculum and program delivery
● Responding to student concerns regarding content and instruction
● Keeping faculty updated of new changes or new directions
● Providing training and professional development opportunities for instructors
Hours of Work
Robertson Online includes students from across Canada, in multiple time zones. The Lead, Teaching and Learning, will be expected to support all students and faculties. This will require that the Lead has flexibility, exceptional time management abilities and will exercise discretion in choosing and working the schedule required to align with their accountabilities. The Lead will also need to ensure that the Teaching and Learning Team supports instructors who are in the various time zones and will need to schedule the team appropriately.
● Post-secondary education and direct work experience in education
● In-depth knowledge of post-secondary systems preferred
● In-depth understanding of curriculum theory
● Knowledge of best practices for online and adult learning
● Experience with training/development of instructors and development of instructional materials
● Excellent customer service skills and team development
● Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, and intermediate experience with databases.
● High comfort level in learning new software.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience with a Learning Management system (Brightspace preferred)
● Strong time management and organizational ability
● Proven change management skills
● Collaborative team player with a ‘can do’ approach
● Strong relationship builder
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs and issues of immigrants, newcomers and international students
● Ability to work well under pressure
● Exceptional customer service skills
● Strong verbal and written English skills
The position is located in Winnipeg.
This posting is subject to the guidelines of the Job Posting Policy.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Joanne Struch, Acting VP, Online Education - email@example.com with a copy to HR@robertsoncollege.ca
The posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.